- Mr. Rakesh Chandra is an officer of Indian Corporate Law Services and presently posted as Regional Director (NR), Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India at Noida. He is a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) since 1978. He is a Member of the “Appellate Authority” constituted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Mr. Chandra had joined the Indian Corporate Law Services (ICLS) with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) in the year 1980 and has held several important positions in the Ministry such as Regional Directors (NR), Regional Director (WR), Director (Inspection & Investigation) at Headquarter and Registrar of Companies of Delhi, U.P, Orissa and J&K.
- Mr. Chandra was also appointed as Member Secretary of the first Committee on Modernization & Computerization of the office of Registrars of Companies. He was also posted as Secretariat of the Ministry to assist ‘Irani Committee’ to recodify the Companies Act, 1956 and was deputed in the “MCA-21” project to look after the domain related issues and was the key man for converting all forms under the Companies Act, 1956 into e-forms.
- He has brought several significant policy changes in online allotment of DIN, names, Green initiatives such as service of e-notices, e-documents and e-certificates etc. In order to regulate capital market and monitoring the function of the Stock Exchange, Mr. Chandra has held several special posts as Member of Board of Governance of Delhi Stock Exchange, U.P. Stock Exchange, Listing Committee of BSE and Chairman of Regional Task Force on Vanishing Companies.
- Mr. Chandra has participated in various International Conferences organized by International Monetary Fund, Singapore, United Nations Organization, New York, USA on Creditor’s Right in cross border insolvency and Judicial Reforms in Insolvency Law by UNICITRAL. He has also participated in Corporate Register Forum at Singapore on International conference of Business Registering Authorities.