- Mr. G. Gehani was appointed as a Member of “Appellate Authority” constituted by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India vide a gazette notification issued on 20th March, 2009.
- He is a very senior fellow member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India which membership was accorded to him more than 33 years ago, consequent upon his passing the course of Company Secretaryship way back in 1979.
After completing his Honors Degree in Commerce from University of Delhi way back in 1974, he continued to achieve his academic attainments in different disciplines from different institutions of repute as follows :-
- Fellow of Company Secretaryship from Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- M. Com from Delhi University
- LLB from Delhi University
- Diploma in Corporate Laws & Secretarial Practices from Indian Law Institute
- Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from Delhi University
Currently Mr. Gehani is a Top Management Executive with a Leading Industrial House of the Country commonly known as “PUNJ GROUP”. Being a “WHOLE-TIME DIRECTOR & COMPANY SECRETARY”, he is a member of Board of Directors of PSL Limited, a Public Limited company having turnover of approximately Rs.3500 Crores. The Company, which is listed with Bombay Stock Exchange Limited and National Stock Exchange of India Limited is currently engaged in the manufacture of large diameter Spirally Welded Pipes and in providing Anti Corrosive coatings on the said Pipes through more than Dozen Plants in India as well as in USA, UAE & Mauritius. It is thus actively Contributing to the Infrastructure Sector by directly assisting in development of Oil, Water & Gas Sectors.
Mr. Gehani started his career way back in 1978 by joining the famous Taj Group of Hotels owned by “HOUSE OF TATA’s” where he had ample opportunity to handle responsible positions in Taj Mahal Hotel – Mumbai, Taj Mansingh – Delhi, Fort Aquada Beach Resort – Goa etc.
After getting exposed to highly professional environment of TATAs for four years, Mr. Gehani was fortunate to have spent eight years in Public Sector environment as he had an opportunity to work in the following two renowned Central Public Sector Companies:
- Central Cottage Industries Corporation of India Ltd. – Under administrative control of Ministry of Commerce
- Pawan Hans Limited – Under administrative control of Ministry of Civil Aviation
- His association with the PUNJ GROUP OF COMPANIES started way back in 1991 when he first joined as “GENERAL MANAGER” of one of its Flagship Companies namely “PSL LIMITED”. Looking at his competence and contribution to the unprecedented growth of the Group, in the last sixteen years, he has been time and again elevated to the various positions such as ‘VICE PRESIDENT”, “GROUP VICE PRESIDENT” and then “EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR” before his last elevation as a “WHOLE- TIME- DIRECTOR” in July, 2007.
SERVICES TO INSTITUTE OF COMPANY SECRETARIES OF INDIA
- Before getting elected as MEMBER of the National Level “CENTRAL COUNCIL” of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India in 2001 for a period of three years i.e. from 2001 to 2003, Mr. Gehani had already served as MEMBER OF NORTHERN INDIA REGIONAL COUNCIL of the Institute for a period of three years from 1995 to 1997.
- During his two tenures mentioned above, and particularly while being the Member of the Central Council, Mr. Gehani had the opportunity of serving on some of the most important Standing as well as Non-standing Committees of the Council.
TEACHING & TRAINING CONTRIBUTIONS
Mr. Gehani has a long record of pursuing his hobby in teaching since for almost 30 years now he has been continuously lecturing at various professional institutes.
Mr. Gehani has been continuously in an active value addition process of large number of Professionals as he has by now addressed innumerable seminars and conferences in different parts of the country, organized by various Professional Bodies and Institutions of different Indian Universities, some of which are:
(a) Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI),
(b) International Management Institute (IMI)
(c) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
(d) Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI),
(e) Delhi Stock Exchange,
(f) Academy for training IAS Allied Services Officers
(g) Bharatiya Vidya Peeth University Institute of Management & Research, New Delhi
(h) Various Colleges of Delhi University
(i) Different Institutions of Manipal Academy of Higher Education
OTHER SOCIAL INTERESTS
Apart from pursuing his career and effectively contributing to the activities of various Professional Bodies of the country mentioned above, Shri Gehani also manages to find time for few social and cultural activities as follows:
- NATIONAL PRESIDENT of “SINDHI COUNCIL OF INDIA”- a National Level Confederation of SINDHI Community of the entire country.
- Nominated twice as GOVERNING BOARD MEMBER on “SINDHI ACADEMY” of Government of Delhi – A Body whose Chairperson is Chief Minister of Delhi.
- FOUNDER PRESIDENT and ADVISOR – Alumni Association of “SHAHEED BHAGAT SINGH COLLEGE”, Delhi University.
- CHAIRMAN – “SAMARPAN FOUNDATION” – A Charitable Trust for upliftment of orphan children and poor widows.
- TRUSTEE – “PESUMAL CHANDWANI CHARITABLE TRUST”.
Mr. Gehani loves traveling. Apart from his very extensive travel in different parts of the country dozens of times he has widely traveled in as many as 27 countries comprised in different continents of the world. Some of the major countries traveled by him are USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Portugal, UAE, France, Singapore, Hong Kong, Mauritius, South Africa and even China and even Pakistan.